AIG Kenya has established a Complaints Procedure Policy to ensure all complaints reported to the organization are dealt with promptly, fairly and within the regulatory framework for treating customers fairly as required by the Insurance Regulatory Authority of Kenya. This includes;
- Identification of Complaints;
- Prompt acknowledgement of Complaints;
- Communication of the resolution of Complaints;
- Monitoring and reporting on Complaint handling processes to measure effectiveness;
- Complete and accurate retention of all Complaints and related documentation; and
- Escalation procedures to the Insurance Regulatory Authority (IRA).
Our aim is to provide an exceptional service to all our customers and hearing about your experience with us helps to improve the way we do business with you. If you have feedback, or an issue you would like resolved, please reach out to us. Below is information on how to contact us and how we will work together to resolve any issues, concerns or complaints you have.
Our commitment to you
- We will register and acknowledge your complaint within 8 working hours of receipt and provide you with a complaint reference number.
- Your complaint will be assigned to a dedicated complaint handler who will contact you.
- We will inform you of estimated timelines and next steps in addressing your complaint.
- We will address your complaint in a prompt, fair, transparent and professional manner throughout the complaints handling process.
- We will explain the reason for our decision by providing clear and adequate feedback when your complaint has not been resolved in your favour.
- We will inform you of further dispute review channels and processes should you not be happy with the outcome of our decision.
Step 1 - How and where to complain
When registering a complaint, the following relevant information is required to ensure that we resolve your complaint in a fair and prompt manner.
- The name and contact details of the policyholder and person who is complaining.
- Policy and/or claim number.
- Full details of your complaint outlining your concerns including supporting documentation relating to your complaint.
To let us know about your complaint you may use any one of the following channels:
· You may call us on +254 20 3676000,
· You can send an Email to ComplaintsKenya@aig.com,
Step 2: How to escalate your complaint if you are not satisfied with our decision
- If you are still unhappy after you have asked us to review your complaint, you may request for your complaint to be referred to AIG’s Escalation process where an impartial team will review the initial decision taken.
- You may email the team directly using the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Your complaint will be reviewed objectively and independently.
Step 3 – Your option to refer your complaint for external dispute resolution
If the complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction by AIG in Step 1 or Step 2, you may submit your complaint to the Regulator.
Insurance Regulatory Authority (IRA) Kenya
P.O Box 43505 - 00100 NAIROBI
Zep- Re Place Longonot Road - Upper Hill, Nairobi